La Habra Restoration
What happens during a flood?
Floods, leaks and other water emergencies damage structures in more ways than you may realize. And it happens quickly. Take a look inside our water damage model to see the toll it can take on your home.
- Ceilings sag from high water levels and excess humidity.
- Hydrodynamic loads can cause pressure damage.
- Soaked carpeting and upholstered furniture begin microbial growth right away.
- Hardwood floors buckle from the moisture.
- Sewage backup can lead to serious health problems.
- Cellulose insulation is destroyed.
- Drywall and gypsum board can swell, breaking at the seams.
- Furniture is damaged.
- Walls and floors crack or collapse due to hydro-static loads.
- Foundations can weaken from embedded silt and soil.
During a flood, peak damage occurs in 1-2 days. Mold growth starts in just hours. Many of these problems can be avoided or corrected by a professional water restoration service, but only if you act now.
Call your local water restoration expert to save your home or business today.